Affordable Log Home Cabin and Cottage Kits
Imagine… your own beautiful, eco friendly, energy efficient, custom log home kit for about the same price as traditional frame construction.
Check out our Gallery page for lots of pictures of previously built Ecolog log homes!
What’s Unique About the Ecolog Concept ?
The secret of Ecolog custom log homes lies in their simplicity and roots in pioneer construction techniques. The square timbers allow efficient production and construction and avoid many challenges faced by building with round logs. The resulting product is a traditional log home, unpretentious and rustic, yet full of charm and appeal.
The Ecolog Advantage
Ecolog homes combine traditional custom log home construction and design techniques with modern applications, producing a home that will stand the test of time. The final product is delivered in form of a log home package.
Ecolog Homes represent a new style of log homes: These buildings are solid wood log homes, that differ from traditional round log homes or timber frame structures in several ways:
- The solid walls are constructed from 8x8 inch square timbers, not from round logs
- Square timbers are much easier to produce and work with... this makes Ecolog homes very affordable
- The "Ecolog Look" is derived from the combination of the alternating 2 inch insulation and 8 inch timbers, giving Ecolog log buildings a very unique and attractive, natural appearance
- Ecolog log home packages are available from Western Hemlock wood. All our timbers are harvested from sustainable second growth forests on Vancouver Island.
- All our building kits include our energy performance modeling service, to make sure that your home is as energy efficient as possible.
Check out our sample floor plans to find your dream log home design!