Service Offerings of Vanisle Ecolog Homes
Construction Project Management
Do you like to build your own home, but don't feel comfortable or don't have the time to manage such a project?
For EcoLog building projects on Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands, we can offer professional Project Management services. This includes following tasks:
- Manage construction schedule
- Manage budget
- Quality control at construction site
- Management of estimates and quotes
- Negotiate contracts with contractors and suppliers
- Reporting to homeowner
Energy Performance Modelling
We can model your home for an energy performance evaluation using the software Hot2000, developed by Natural Resources Canada. Such an energy model is normally done based on building plans, before the building process has started.
Following building details will be used for the model:
- Foundation type and insulation
- Wall construction and insulation
- Roof design and insulation
- Door and Window types
- Planned heating and ventilation systems
- Alternative energy sources (Solar, wind, heat pumps, etc.)
- Building location
The energy model will show details about the energy usage and cost, taking all construction details and environmental aspects (location) into consideration. Multiple calculations of the model using different windows, insulation or alternative energy sources allow the builder or home owner to optimize the energy efficiency of the house design.
The energy model also includes a potential Energuide Rating, which is required by many municipalities in BC as part of the building permit.
Please contact us to find out more about these service offerings.